jueves, 1 de enero de 2009

What was it like to meet Prabhupada?

WWDIS: What was it like to meet Prabhupada?
Michael Cassidy: He was grave. He was focused. He was funny. He was an exciting man to be around. I had been in the movement for five years and had attended eight or more lectures in different temples across the country where I heard Prabhupada speak in person. But to sit and talk with him face to face about something that meant so much to me, and was so controversial in the movement, had to be the most intense experience of my life.

After Prabhupada listened to three of the demos we made, he asked "What is this for"? I told him "To convey the values and concepts of Krishna consciousness to Americans." He asked "So what's the problem"? I told him that some of the big men, the temple leaders, said it was maya (meaning it was a waste of time). He looked at me, then smiled and said, "Let the cows moo." That's when I said "So it's okay to do this"? and he said, "Do it. It will be successful."

http://hogspeak.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios: